City to Host Opening Ceremony for West Palm Beach GreenMarket 2022-2023 Season
GreenMarket will celebrate back-to-back “Best Farmers Market” status
WHO: City of West Palm Beach; West Palm Beach Mayor Keith A. James; City commissioners; City administratorsResidents and visitors of all ages
WHAT: The West Palm Beach GreenMarket will return on Saturday, October 1. Opening day will feature a dynamic ceremony to celebrate the first market of the 2022 – 2023 season.
Notable Items:This year’s theme is “Sweet Success,” celebrating the market’s 2nd consecutive year being named as the Best Farmers Market in the U.S. according to the Readers’ Choice Poll in USA Today’s 10Best.
- The West Palm Beach GreenMarket’s mission is to provide the community with seasonal access to locally grown fresh produce, plants, and agricultural products.
- The City attributes the success of the market to the vendors, vista and venue.
This will be the largest GreenMarket season yet with more than 110 vendors.
- Attendees can browse local produce, snacks, sweet treats, flowers and plants, coffees and teas, and homemade artisan items at each Saturday market.
- The GreenMarket will expand its physical footprint to the 200 block of Clematis St. to accommodate the new vendors and continued increase in participating in the famed market.
24 new vendors this season will offer various items including baked goods, donuts, frozen sweets, pickled snacks, honey, and more.
- New vendors include Ash and Earth, Chef Luc Authentic French Baked Goods, Ebony’s Vegan Bakery, Edible Spreadable, Florida Man Pet Treats, Garden of Esther, Green Queen’s Garden, Hideout Kava & Tea Bar, Icestasy Italian Ice, IZZYS Bakery, Liquid Gold Honey, Mother Lover, Outclaws, Papa G’s Country Kitchen, Pickled Penos, Pop Shack, Pupberry, Purposefully Baking, Rollup NYC, Subculture Group, Sugar Lumpz, The Folk, The Noble Women Bakery and Universal Biocarbon. The complete vendor list is available on the City’s website www.wpb.org/events.
WHEN: Saturday, October 1, 2022 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
OF NOTE: a visual Opening Day Ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. sharp on the Great Lawn with Mayor Keith A. James, City Commissioners, and City Administrators.
WHERE: The Great Lawn at 100 N Clematis St.
PUBLIC INFO/CONTACT: The GreenMarket will take place every Saturday from October 1, 2022 through April 15, 2023, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (except March 25, 2023 due to the Palm Beach International Boat Show).
Admission to the GreenMarket is free. Dogs on short leashes are allowed. Parking is available in the City of West Palm Beach public garages, which are the Clematis, Banyan, City Center, Sapodilla, and Evernia garages. The Banyan and Evernia garages are closest to the event and subject to the City’s all-day weekend flat rate of $5. The City Center, Clematis and Sapodilla garages will be free during market hours, with current parking rates in effect afterward.
For more information about the GreenMarket, visit wpb.org/events, call 561-822-1515 (TTY: 800-955-8771), or follow the City of West Palm Beach on Facebook @CityofWPB and on Twitter and Instagram @westpalmbch.
MEDIA CONTACT: Meredith Westheimer – Moore Agency | [email protected] | (561) 213-8192 (advance and on-site contact)
Sponsors for the GreenMarket 2022 – 2023 season include Joe DiMaggio’s Children Health Specialty Center, Paradise Exteriors, Jaguar Palm Beach, Land Rover Palm Beach, Bambino by BG011 Cleaning Services, NextHome Real Estate Executives, NW Mutual – The McKernan Financial Group, Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections, Humana, Stretch Zone, WPBF 25 News, SUNNY 107.9, New Country 103.1, The Palm Beach Post, WPB Magazine, and West Palm Beach Community Redevelopment Agency.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/2970/772?npage=6