WHO: City of West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach Fire Department
City of West Palm Beach Public Works Division
Residents and visitors of all ages in costume
WHAT: It’s time to skele-brate at Clematis by Fright, the City of West Palm Beach’s spooky twist on the weekly Clematis by Night series. This FREE Halloween-themed event will feature live music by The Spazmatics, activities for all ages and a costume contest with prizes.
The Costume contest will offer tons of great prizes for adults and kids!
- Prizes include Disney waterpark tickets from WRMF 97.9 FM, Florida Panthers tickets, a sailing happy hour for 40 people aboard Visit Palm Beach’s Hakuna Matata and more!
- Creativity is encouraged for guests arriving in costume/planning to compete in the costume contest
FREE Halloween activities for children include:
- “Trick or Truck” where kids can safely get candy from first responders and public works vehicles
- Face painting with spooktacular Halloween designs
- Ghoulish games
Live music by The Spazmatics.
- The Spazmatics bring energetic entertainment with sounds, styles and dances from the 1980s. There will be no shortage of skinny ties, funky hair and horn-rimmed glasses.
- Attendees will be able to join in the monster mash and sing along as The Spazmatics perform spooky ‘80s jams.
WHEN: Thursday, October 27 from 6 – 9 p.m.
6 p.m. – Costume contest registration
7 p.m. – Costume contest
WHERE: Great Lawn,100 N. Clematis St.
WHY: Clematis by Fright is a FREE and safe event to celebrate Halloween fun! It promotes a community celebration of Halloween by providing live entertainment, safe trick-or-treating for kids and other inclusive family activities. Clematis by Fright offers a gathering place for residents and visitors, and the option to participate in a costume contest for the chance to win incredible prizes. Live music will encourage guests to get into the Halloween groove and sing along to spooky tunes. The return of Clematis by Fright further connects community members to local businesses and nonprofits who donate candy for the “Trick or Truck” and provide on-site food vendors.
MEDIA CONTACT: Meredith Westheimer – Moore Agency |[email protected]| (561) 213-8192 (advance and on-site contact)
PUBLIC INFO/CONTACT: Public parking is available in the City of West Palm Beach garages. The closest garages to the event are Evernia, on the corner of Evernia St. and Olive Ave, and Banyan, on the corner of Banyan Blvd. and Olive Ave. Additionally, the City’s fun and free trolley includes several stops near Clematis by Fright.
For more information about Clematis by Night, visit wpb.org/events, call 561-822-1515 (TTY: 800-955-8771), or follow the City of West Palm Beach on Facebook @CityofWPB and on Twitter and Instagram @westpalmbch.
Clematis by Fright sponsors-to-date includes Visit Palm Beach, Florida Panthers, WPB Magazine, 97.9 WRMF, SUNNY 107.9, X 102.3, New Country 103.1, PARTY 96.3, Fox, Sports 640 South Florida, News Talk 850 WFTL, WPBF 25 News, and the West Palm Beach Community Redevelopment Agency.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/3043/772?npage=4