CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING, PUBLIC WORKS & UTILITY ROAD CLOSURES
- Intersection of Clematis Street/Quadrille Boulevard (Tuesday, August 8, 9 p.m. through Wednesday, August 9, 5 a.m. and Wednesday, August 9, 9 p.m. through Thursday, August 10, 5 a.m.): full intersection closure during night times for asphalt stamping/coating.
- Southern Boulevard between Olive Avenue and Washington Road (through July 2023): One eastbound lane closure as repairs are made on road depressions.
- Monceaux Road between Dixie Highway (US 1) and Georgia Avenue (through August 2023): There will be intermittent lane closures for underground utility improvements. Access to all homes and businesses will be maintained.
- Alhambra Place between Olive Avenue the dead end, and Washington Road between Seville Road and Alhambra Place (through July 2023): Motorists should be prepared for possible partial lane closures for sanitary sewer rehabilitation.
- Northlake Boulevard west of Coconut Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- Washington Road between Roosevelt Place and Royal Palm Road (construction extended through July 2023): Road closures as part of a streetscape redesign, including new underground utilities, sidewalks, and storm drainage improvements. The following detours are in place:
- Northbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Monroe Drive to Olive Avenue, north on Olive Avenue to Almeria Road, and east on Almeria Road to Flagler Drive.
- Southbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Almeria Road to Olive Avenue, south on Olive Avenue to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Washington Road.
- 7th Street between Handy Avenue and 11th Street (through August 2023): The road is partially closed with flagging operations for swales lining and re-grading.
- Lake Avenue between Belvedere Road and Park Place (through September 2023): Partial road closures with flagging operations for repavement and restriping.
EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
- North & South Clematis between Narcissus Avenue and Flagler Drive, and Lantana Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and North Clematis Street (Thursday, July 27 and Thursday, August 3, from 4 p.m. until 10 p.m.): The road is closed for Clematis by Night With Mini Market produced by City of West Palm Beach Community Events.
- Rosemary Avenue between Okeechobee Boulevard and Hibiscus Street (Friday, July 28, 5 p.m. through Sunday, July 30, 10 p.m.): The road is closed for a street festival produced by Related.
- Tamarind Avenue between 7th and 10th Street (Tuesday, August 1, 2 p.m. through Wednesday, August 2, 1 a.m.): The road is closed for the National Night Out event produced by West Palm Beach Police Department.
PRIVATE PROJECT ROAD CLOSURES
- Roxy’s – Clematis Street between Dixie Highway and Olive Avenue (Monday, July 31 through Friday, September 29): Closure of the 300 block of Clematis to vehicular traffic in both directions. Pedestrian access is maintained; however, a short detour is in place due to closure of the northern sidewalk nearby the construction site.
- One Flagler – Chase Street between Lakeview Avenue and Okeechobee Boulevard (through Summer 2023): The road is closed for construction. The eastern sidewalk is closed for construction.
- One Flagler – Lakeview Avenue between Flagler Drive and Chase Street (through February 2024): Single lane closure due to construction. No site deliveries in the work zone.
- 300 Clematis / 301 Banyan (through December 2023):
- Sidewalk closures along site frontage on Banyan Boulevard and North Olive Avenue
- Alley north of Clematis Street closed between North Olive Avenue and the Chase Bank plaza.
- Closure of left-most lane along North Olive Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and Clematis Street.
- American Engineering Utilities – Fern St between Rosemary Avenue and Quadrille Boulevard (Monday, July 10 through Sunday July 30):
- Lane shift for milling & resurfacing work.
- The Square East/West Towers – Gardenia Street between Rosemary Ave and Quadrille Boulevard (through December 2023): full road closure due to construction. Pedestrian access maintained along the northern side of the road.
PALM BEACH COUNTY ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY
- Palm Beach Lake Boulevard east of the Palm Beach Outlets/Target Store entrance (until further notice): periodic right lane closures for pole installation and underground utility work.
- Roebuck Road Bridge over Florida’s Turnpike (until further notice): Temporary lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for bridge maintenance.
- Congress Avenue from 45th Street to south of Echo Lake Drive (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane closure for underground utility work.
- Congress Avenue south of 45th Street (until further notice): Periodic daytime and nighttime lane closure pavement markings.
- Congress Avenue north of Presidio Place (until further notice): Periodic southbound right lane closure for FPL pole removal.
- Haverhill Road north of David’s Mack Drive (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
- Jog Road north of Okeechobee Boulevard to north of Snelgrove Way (until further notice): Periodic northbound and southbound left turn closures.
- Belvedere Road between Bristol Drive and Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound partial right turn lane closures and westbound right lane closures for pole installation.
- 45th Street west of Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closures for FPL pole removal.
- 45th Street west of Corporate Way (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- 45th Street east of Northpoint Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic daytime westbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- For more information about PBC road closures, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works at (561) 684-4000 or visit the Road & Bridge Construction List
FLORIDA DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- Southern Boulevard (State Road 80) Bridges Replacement Project (through Summer 2023)
- Flagler Drive from Southern Boulevard to Monroe Drive is closed for reconstruction. Access will be maintained for local traffic only. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Traffic going north on Flagler Drive should go west on Southern Boulevard to Washington Road, north on Washington Road to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Flagler Drive.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Drive should go west on Monroe Drive, east to Washington Road, and south on Washington Road to Southern Boulevard.
- Georgia Avenue at the State Road 80/Southern Boulevard bridge underpass, full road closure through Wednesday, August 16. Westbound traffic will be detoured via Nottingham Boulevard, Lake Avenue, and Roseland Drive. Eastbound traffic will be detoured via Lake Avenue and Nottingham Boulevard
- Southern Boulevard (State Road 80) Milling & Resurfacing (through July 2023)
- One lane in each direction of State Road 80/Southern Boulevard from Parker Avenue to Lake Avenue and from Dixie Avenue to Washington Road may be closed nightly from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, from Sunday, June 18 through June 29 and from Wednesday, July 5 through Thursday, July 13 for lighting and utility work.
- To expedite paving operations and facilitate a traffic shift to final configuration daytime paving activities on Flagler Drive, south of Southern Boulevard, will be performed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday, July 12 through Friday, July 14.
- SR 809/Military Trail at SR 882/Forest Hill Boulevard Intersection Improvements (through Winter 2024)
- Project limits: 0.7-mile at and nearby the intersection of State Road 809 and State Road 822.
- Work includes widening, milling, and resurfacing, constructing additional right and left turn lanes, installing new 5-foot bike lanes at various locations along SR 882, improving sidewalks and driveways, installing four new signal mast arms at the intersection, and installing new signage and pavement markings.
- One lane in each direction of Military Road from Sunset Ranch Road to Forest Hill Boulevard may be closed from 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for utility location and FPL pole removal.
- For more information, contact FDOT at (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH DOCKS
- Currie Park Boat Docks and Ramps (2400 North Flagler Drive): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Lake Mangonia Park Boat Ramps (2957 North Australian Avenue): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Clematis Street Docks (South Clematis Street at South Flagler Drive): Docks are open daily, from 5 a.m. until midnight.
- Fern Street Dock (Fern Street at South Flagler Drive): The dock is open daily from 5 a.m. until midnight. No overnight dockage is allowed for boats, dinghies, or kayaks. The Fern Dock is also the home of a West Palm Beach Marine Patrol Boat and the West Palm Beach Fire Rescue Boat.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/3550/772