About this Event
The concept of blockchain-based tokenization will have far-reaching effects on various markets and their respective intermediaries. The ability to represent any value and rights in digital form, i.e. in the form of tokens, like non-fungible tokens (NFTs), offers enormous potential and challenges for banks and other traditional financial players. It is only a matter of time before the infrastructure of markets will be based on blockchain technology, which provides a platform for transactions of all kinds of valuables.
As 2021 develops, we would like to use this opportunity to address the recent developments in the tokenization of art and talk about markets and platforms in the ecosystem.
Thus, we would like to elaborate on the following questions:
– What impact will the tokenization of art have on classic art markets?
– In comparison to the current ecosystem, what advantages will tokenization of art bring?
– What role will intermediaries play in this developing ecosystem?
– Which opportunities does tokenization of art provide for artists, investors, etc.?
– Do blockchain technology and tokenization erase and/or ease current challenges in the ecosystem and if so, how and why?
During the online panel, you will also have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the speakers.
Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
Peter Hofmann, Custodigit
Heinz Ehrsam, GFT
Julien Donnet, GFT
Location and Date
Location: Online. Details for the live broadcast will be sent to you on the day of the event (no prior software installation required)
Date: Thursday, April 15, 2021
Time: 15h00–16h00 (CET)
15:00 – Welcome and introductory words (Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center)
15:05 – Introduction of the speakers (Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center)
15:10 – Start of the panel discussion: Art 2.0: How Tokenization will Change the Art Industry and Creative Markets
16:00 – End of online panel
Tickets and registration
Required via Eventbrite; you will receive the URL for the online panel in advance.
Who should participate?
– Employees and decision-makers from the financial sector interested in blockchain technology
– Lawyers and consultants with a focus on capital market law and digitization
– Decision-makers and employees from the financial and capital market industry who are affected by the regulation of the crypto market
– Startup founders and startup enthusiasts interested in blockchain technology
– Journalists from the economics and technology department
– Employees of startups with digital business models
– Family offices looking for ways to diversify their assets
– Investment funds and private investors wanting to diversify their portfolio
– Art dealers who want to increase their business opportunities and get to know the ecosystem
– Other groups of people with an interest in capital markets, crypto assets, technology, and digitization
Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: +49 69 154 008-790
About the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
The Frankfurt School Blockchain Center (FSBC) is a think tank and research center primarily focusing on the implications of blockchain technology for companies and businesses. In addition to the development of blockchain prototypes, the center offers a platform for the exchange of knowledge and thought for decision-makers and startups as well as technology and industry experts. The FSBC sets new research impulses and develops education programs for students and executives. The center concentrates primarily on the areas of banking, energy, mobility, and the manufacturing industry.
Originally published at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFULQM4X2ko