So I’ve basically changed up my entire routine this past winter and I’m finally happy with the combination I have going on. Here’s what I’ve been using.
- Beauty Blender. I love using the Beauty Blender to blend my under-eye concealer and in areas that I need more than just my fingers to blend in (neck and jaw area, hairline). I try not to use it to apply my actual foundation because I notice it absorbs way too much product, but it’s awesome to come in and follow up with some blending.
- Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet Foundation with SPF 15. I’ve been a fan of Chanel’s Vitalumiere Aqua foundation for years. For me, it really has that second-skin feel, but I feel like it gets very dewy on my skin quickly. I like to be matte for the most part, so I’ve recently turned to the brand’s Perfection Lumière Velvet, and I’m nothing short of obsessed. It’s oil-free (for us combo-oily/acne prone gals) and it’s so light you can barely feel it on all day (yessss, it lasts all day). I also love that it feels like a tinted primer, so smooth. Definitely a must try.
- NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita. This came in one of Sephora’s lip sets – as soon as I tried it I fell in love. I’m so into nude lip colors these days – a couple of my favorite MAC shades include Faux, Brave, Crème in Your Coffee, Half ‘n Half, and Twig. Tom Ford’s Richard shade is also a favorite (click through for swatches).
- Anastasia Beverly Hills ‘Brow Wiz.’ This is my HG eyebrow pencil right now. I know it’s good because people ask me where I get my eyebrows done every day ever since I started using it. It’s perfect.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Pout Liner Lip Pencil in Prim Rose. Another product that came in Sephora’s lip kit that left me completely obsessed. I usually line my pout with this liner and sometimes even use it as a full on lip pencil, then go over it with NARS’ Dolce Vita. It’s the perfect neutral lip pencil with hints of rose, and really brings out all of my nude lip shades. AND it’s actually long wear, as it claims to be.
- Givenchy Le Prisme Visage Mat Soft Compact. I started using this powder because someone at Sephora recommended it (story of my life, VIB Rouge here…) as a light powder that would make my pores disappear. I love that it combines a few different shades and gives me a subtle radiance while also still keeping me matte.
- Tarte ‘Tarteist’ Lip Paint. I don’t usually use glosses, but I love this Tarte matte gloss – goes on smooth and highly pigmented, and dries matte.
- MAC Bronzer. Natural, sun-kissed, subtle. Everything I look for in a bronzer. I love that MAC’s bronzing powder goes on lightly. Too faux-bronze… not a good look.
- Eyelash Extensions. I haven’t been using mascara lately because I’ve been getting eyelash extensions… best thing I ever did. I love waking up with long lashes and not having to worry about them for the next few weeks. Try Maison de Lash or Nadia Eye Design in NYC. I’ve been doing it for a few months now without any negative repercussions. And no, your own eyelashes will not fall off – as long as you go to a reputable spot!
All products I mentioned listed below.